Monday, April 15, 2013

Watchmen on the Tower

April 8, 2013

Hey!

Life is just grand! We had a really great week here in Irvine. I always really look forward to General Conference and it never disappoints. Even better than Super Bowl Sunday!

Exciting story of the week. There is a lady that we have been trying to teach named Lisa. She had a great friend in Colorado that really prepared her to be taught. So when we knocked into her 6 months ago she readily received us. However we hadn't been able to get back in to teach her. This last week we were able to teach her. We got in and answered a bunch of questions that she had. Like what is the process of joining the church and other good things like that. Flash back to a couple of months ago when I was in an interview with President Bowen. We were talking about my investigators and he shared a scripture with me that I could share with Lisa. So at the end of our lesson I pulled out this scripture and had her read it and insert her name into it. Doctrine and Covenants 39:5-10

 5 And verily, verily, I say unto you, he that receiveth my gospel receiveth me; and he that receiveth not my gospel receiveth not me.

 6 And this is my gospel—repentance and baptism by water, and then cometh the baptism of fire and the Holy Ghost, even the Comforter, which showeth all things, and teacheth the peaceable things of the kingdom.

 7 And now, behold, I say unto you, my servant James, I have looked upon thy works and I know thee.

 8 And verily I say unto thee, thine heart is now right before me at this time; and, behold, I have bestowed great blessings upon thy head;

 9 Nevertheless, thou hast seen great sorrow, for thou hast rejected me many times because of pride and the cares of the world.

 10 But, behold, the days of thy deliverance are come, if thou wilt hearken to my voice, which saith unto thee: Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on my name, and you shall receive my Spirit, and a blessing so great as you never have known.

As she began to read the tears streamed down her face. Every word brought the Spirit so strong. I am grateful for an inspired mission president. 

General Conference was awesome. The prophets are truly inspired. I really loved Elder Holland's talk as I always do. Also I thought Elder Callister in the Priesthood session was really good. It is great to have prophets who act as watchmen on the tower to warn us of danger. 

Love you guys,
Elder Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment