Monday, December 10, 2012

Hey!


Hello,

Well nothing very major to report. We had a pretty good week that was a lot of fun. 

I went on exchanges with the Vietnamese Elders and it was pretty cool. I got to eat some Vietnamese food which was good and I got to sharpen my chopstick skills. I had a big bowl of what they call Pho. Basically, noodles and meat and other veggies. Pretty good stuff. We also taught an English class of about 50 people. They get quite a few people out to the classes they hold. I don't know how much English the people are actually learning but at least they think they are. haha. The Elder I was with has only been out for a little more than a month. So his language skills aren't very good yet. It was fun to see him sweat bullets at the door trying to figure out what to say. I was just there to cheer him on! He did a good job communicating and it was a big learning experience for him. It is weird to think I was in his shoes not too long ago. 

I also went on exchanges with the Korean Elders. It was pretty fun to drive around and look for Korean homes based on what we saw. I am reminded of when Ben wrote home and said he was looking for Spanish people in holes under the rocks. haha. It makes me grateful I am just in the English speaking program and nothing too crazy. 

Sunday was a pretty depressing day. We have been working with this really cool lady named Claudia. She is catholic but has been attending a born again Christian church as of late. She committed to come to church but she bailed at the last minute. Sad day. She wants to talk to her pastor about it first. No!! haha We will see what happens...

Love you!
Elder Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment