Monday, August 13, 2012

California Adventure:)

Hey!

Well not too much new stuff to report. Elder Tietjen and I are getting some great work done. This will be the last week of the transfer but we will stay together for another one. I went on an exchange this week with my zone leader Elder Keyes. He was in my district when I first came out in Yorba Linda. It was really cool to look back on how much we have grown since my first transfer in Yorba Linda. So much different and yet fundamentally the same. Still that fire to share the gospel yet just a little more polished and refined. It is like I have been through one of those rock tumblers that polish and now I am smoother. Pretty cool stuff.
We have some new investigators who should hopefully start progressing.  We taught Ozzie again this week and he is doing great. We were able to show him that the bible does foretell the coming of the Book of Mormon. Since he comes from a very religious background and has read the whole bible we have to go into some depth to help it really click for him. Instead of just accepting as some youth do, he is really searching for himself. I know that he will find his answer.
I was inspired this week to go and visit this Samoan family who lives next to a member who attends our ward. The Samoan family are members.  They just go to the Samoan ward. It ended up that they had just lost a daughter and we were able to share a message on the plan of salvation and they referred us to go visit somebody. The Lord is guiding His work.
I love the gospel. The work is true.

Elder Arnold

Linda: Did you feel the earthquake that was in Yorba Linda last week?  Matthew: Yeah I felt it. It was pretty cool. Not scary at all. Lasted for like one second and not that powerful just enough to feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment