Friday, July 27, 2012


June 25, 2012

Hey!

So we had a fantastic week. We are working with lots of people and the work is progressing really well. I love being able to sit in people's homes and teach the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are starting to teach a kid who has been going to scouts with the ward since he was 8 and he is now 14. He told his mom that he didn't want to be catholic anymore but he feels that he is a Mormon. So we set up an appointment with the mom because she wanted to hear what the church is about. We went over and the grandparents also sat in on the lesson. The grandparents only spoke Spanish so Elder Munguia taught the whole lesson. It was his first lesson in Spanish and he was pretty excited.  I bore my testimony a couple of times and he would translate for me.  It went super good. The next night we taught Ozzie the boy and he loved it and accepted baptism. We will see how it progresses from here.

I was the last speaker in sacrament meeting yesterday. There was a high priest in the ward who talked before me and he used to be a professor so he droned on and on. So I got relegated to the role of a youth speaker oh well I still feel pretty youthful. In my talk I related the story of mom's conversion and the ripple effect of missionary work in our family. I shared some simple ways that we can share the gospel. Like tell people that they look like they would be a good Mormon. Ask if they are Mormon and they will usually say no but I know so and so who is and then you can have a gospel conversation. It went pretty good. The other cool thing was that I was able to get quite a few people who haven't come to church in a while to come to hear me speak. So that was good.

The stone cut without hands rolls on!

Love,
Elder Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment