Friday, July 27, 2012


July 16, 2012

Hey!

So my new companion is named Elder Tietjen(pronounced Tee-jen). It is kind of a mouthful the way it looks but pretty easy to say. He is from a suburb outside of Dallas, Texas called Southlake. He went to BYU this last year and is 19. He is really into classic cars and was restoring a 71 Chevy pickup before he came out. Believe me that I am getting a car education as we drive around. haha.

He is doing super good for only having been out a little while. I don't think I would be able to tell that he is a greenie if I didn't know. One good experience we had this week was during his first day out he got a call from President Bowen informing him that his grandpa had passed away. He was pretty down about it considering he was still in culture shock and now this on top of it. We were in the apartment because I had to prepare for District meeting. So we got up and left and went out to work. I gave him a map of our area and let him pray where we should go knock at. So we drove to that street and on the 3rd door an older man let us in to teach him. His wife had just died a couple of months earlier and so it was perfect. Who knows if anything will come from it but it picked both of us up and let us know that the Lord is directing his work.

Everything is good! I love being a missionary and serving the Lord!

Elder Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment