Thursday, April 5, 2012

Exciting week in the mission


Dear All,

Well I'm writing a little late because we got to go to the temple today. It was super good. It was a little bit sad as well though. Our district leader Elder Anderson is going home at the end of next transfer so this would be his last time to go to the temple. When we got to the temple his recommend had expired 4 days before so he had to wait in the waiting room while we all went in. He just waited there talking to people and stuff. Sad day.

I absolutely loved General Conference! On Saturday we watched at the stake center. There were like 2 other people there. On Sunday we went and watched with a family in our ward named the Barrett’s. We are teaching their friend Katie who is 24 and autistic. She really, really wants to get baptized. They made us a huge breakfast with waffles and bacon and stuff. Super good. My favorite talks were by Ronald L. Hallstrom of the presidency of the seventy. He talked about the difference between the gospel and the church. I also loved Elder Bednar's priesthood talk. I didn't know that his dad wasn't a member growing up. I loved his boldness and the truths he taught about priesthood authority.

Guess what?! On Friday Elder Bednar is coming to visit our mission. We are having a mission conference at the stake center next to the temple. I am so excited. It will be awesome to be edified by an apostle of the Lord!

I love you all,
Elder Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment