Monday, October 31, 2011

Yay I’m staying!

The most exciting news is that Elder Tait and I are staying together for another transfer. I feel like I dodged a bullet with that one. We should have a lot of great things happening this transfer so I am excited to not be missing out on that. The Bishop gave a great combined RS/Priesthood lesson yesterday on rescuing the one and it has energized the whole ward on missionary work and reactivation. A marvelous work and a wonder is about to come forth.

We had the opportunity to help with a "horror" move this week. Kinda funny because nothing was packed up and there were only a handful of us helping. We even went back the next day to move a washer. They forgot the dolly so we had to pick it up by hand and move it down the stairs. The power had been shut off and so there were clothes and water stuck in it. Then after loading them in the truck the washer fell on its side because it wasn't tied down. Fun stuff. It always amazes me the crazy experiences we have as missionaries. I love it!

We went to the ward Halloween party and that was a lot of fun. I went trunk or treating with the little kids and got tons of candy. Everyone was giving us big handfuls of goodies. There are pluses to being a missionary. Lots of them! Elder Tait and I are going to go trick or treating tonight and give the people pass along cards in exchange for the candy. We will see how it works out. Haha.

We had two investigators come to church yesterday but it wasn't the two we were expecting. The son of a lady we have been teaching just randomly decided to come. He has a family friend in Utah that just got back from a mission so he has become interested in the Church. We got his phone number and are going to call and set up a time to meet with him. That is exciting because it just happened and we didn't have to do anything. There was also an old Irish guy that came because his daughter was singing in church. His wife is a convert to the church and so all of the kids have been raised with the gospel and now they have a bunch of grandkids as well that are members. We always go visit him but I never thought I would see him at church. He is funny because whenever we go visit him we always talk about Ireland, bowling, and how much money he made with his construction company. Haha I love it.

Love,
Elder Arnold

P.S. I almost forgot to tell you about the most exciting thing of the week. On Thursday was a Stake Ping Pong Tournament! I made sure that I found an investigator to go with us because I was not going to miss this for anything. The exciting news is that I am the champion and the proud owner of a $10 gift certificate to In 'n' Out. There were some super good players but I squeaked it out. It was double elimination and I made it to the championship without losing. So I was playing a guy that already had lost once and he had to beat me twice to win. He ended up winning the first game. In the rematch he got up on me but then I came roaring back to claim the victory. Sigh, I love ping pong.

No comments:

Post a Comment