Monday, September 12, 2011

I wish I was in Primary

Hello everyone. Another fantastic week in Yorba Linda the land of gracious living.

One great thing that happened this week was a baptism in the ward next to ours. A guy named Derek was baptized. His girlfriend is a member and so he decided to take the missionary discussions. I got the opportunity on exchanges to teach him once and it was really awesome to see him get baptized. I can already picture him being a great member of the church.

I decided I want to attend primary from now on at church. Elder Tait and I got to teach sharing time this week. We just introduced ourselves and told stories and sang our favorite primary songs. My favorite is Nephi's courage. It is really fun to be with all of the little kids. I think Sr. primary was more reverent than most of my teenage Sunday School classes I went to. Elder Tait told the story of knocking into a guy we have been teaching. We were knocking doors one day and it was hot. It was Elder Tait's turn for the door approach but I don't think he was expecting anyone to answer because when a younger guy answered the door he just stood there and didn't say anything. Haha kind of awkward. But the guy just said, "Come on in." Awesome. We started teaching him the first discussion and he accepted it really well. We taught him the second discussion the next week and he ate it up. Sad day though is that we passed him to the Single Ward Elders. We are all on the same team though.

I love you all,
Elder Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment