Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pioneer’s Rock

July 25, 2011

We got to go to a pioneer picnic this week. It was way fun. We even got some good missionary work done during it. One of the priests in our ward brought a non-member friend and gave her a Book of Mormon and we got to talk to her. She even came to Church the next day. The kids in this ward know how to flirt to convert. Haha. At the picnic we got to play some fun horseshoes and other games. The sad thing was that we witnessed a motorcycle crash. Now I don't ever want to get one even more. At Church yesterday we got to hear all about pioneers. What amazing people they were and I am so grateful that they paved the way so that I could be here today.

This week I went on exchanges with one of the new missionaries in our district. We went and visited a really less active member. Her niece was over visiting for the day. I asked if we could teach them the restoration so that I could practice teaching it. That is one of the sneaky things I have learned so far. Anyway we started teaching and it was going really well. The niece was totally listening. Then at the end I invited her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. She got a really confused look on her face because she thought it was just for practice, then mumbled something out. We kept talking for a minute and then she kind of just stood up and left. It was pretty awkward. O well I guess I need to approach the invite at the end a little different with a practice lesson. I still have lots to learn.

Have a great week.

Make a mormon.org profile!

Love,
Elder Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment