Sunday, May 15, 2011

ANAHEIM here I come!!!!!

May 14, 2011

Well I am just about done with my MTC stay and I'm excited to get out in the field. I have one more class period tonight and then I am done with class. The time has really flown and I can't believe that it is already my 3rd p-day. When I look at the missionaries in my zone who have just started I remember when I first walked in. I felt like everybody was so old and knew so much. I am now 3 weeks older but I don't really feel experienced I just feel like I am sick of class.

One awesome thing that happened this week was that Elder Neil L. Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve came and spoke at the Tuesday devotional. He gave a great message about the merits, mercy, and grace of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It really motivated me to go and teach the gospel. After he was done talking some of the members of my district and I went and stood outside to wave him off as he drove away. There were probably around 100 missionaries waiting to see him. Then Elder Anderson came out and shook all of our hands. He is such a great example of charity and humility. You could feel the Spirit testifying that he is a prophet of God.

Yesterday I watched an old devotional given by Elder Bednar. He talked about becoming a missionary and not just going on a "mission." I have been trying to take that to heart and serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. Sometimes it is hard to focus on class all of the time but overall I am learning a lot. One of my teachers told me that this would be the hardest I ever studied in my life. However I feel like I am just in a continuation of school. It is probably a good thing I left so soon after school was over so that I could just keep my study habits.

I am excited to get to call all of you on Tuesday. I am leaving the MTC at five in the morning. Our flight leaves at around 8:40 I think. So expect to call between those times. It is going to be a little strange getting to talk to all of you but it will be refreshing.

The more I think about getting out in the field the more excited I get. Pretty soon I will be knocking on real doors and trying to give people better lives. It has been a little strange teaching my teachers here in the MTC but every time I think about the people of Anaheim I start to get really excited.

ANAHEIM here I come!!!!!!

Love you all and miss you tons,
Elder Matthew Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment